Umpqua Summer Salad
A delightful summer salad laden with shrimp, potatoes, bell pepper, apples and
- 1 pound bay shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 7 stalks celery, diced
- 4 apples, cored and diced
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 cups cooked Idaho®-grown red potatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup California Raisins, soaked in very hot water for 20 minutes and drained
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 10-12 large clean lettuce leaves for a bed
- Garnish with hard boiled egg slices
- Toss together the shrimp, celery, apples, bell pepper, potato and raisins.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the lemon juice and dill.
- Combine the dressing with the shrimp mixture, mixing thoroughly.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce garnished with hard boiled egg slices.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Idaho Potato Commission