Banana Macaroon Salad
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large container Cool Whip
- 3 large bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Mix dry ingredients except pecans. Add egg, margarine and vanilla extract.
- Grease or spray and flour a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Spread in pan and bake for
30 minutes at 350 degrees F or just until light brown.
- Immediately remove and lift
up and turn over in pan. Cool and crumble.
- In large bowl start with Cool Whip on bottom then a layer of bananas, then pecans,
then macaroon crumbs. Continue to repeat layers. Sprinkle crumbs on top.
four hours before serving.
- Crumbs may be stored in tight container for some time.
- Smaller bowls of salad can be made at a time.