Salad and Salad Dressing Recipes
Creamy Coconut Mold
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatine
- 1 (24 ounce) carton
(3 cups) cottage cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 ounces
cream cheese, softened, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups fresh fruit, cut into bite-size pieces
- Lightly oil a 1 1/2-quart mold.
- In small saucepan, sprinkle gelatine over water to soften; stir over low heat
until gelatine dissolves. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine cottage cheese, sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese,
coconut, nuts and extract; mix well. Stir in gelatine. Refrigerate until slightly
thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir; pour mixture into mold. Refrigerate 3 hours or
- To release from mold, gently run knife around edges; turn onto serving plate.
- Serve with fruit. Garnish as desired.
Yield: 12 servings