Taffy Apple Salad 2
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (save juice)
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 beaten
- 1 1/2 cups cocktail or dry roasted peanuts or walnuts
- 4 cups chopped apples
(both red and green, with skins)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Mix pineapple and marshmallows and chill overnight.
- Mix flour, vinegar, sugar and egg. Heat until thick and chill this also overnight.
- Add juice mixture to pineapple and marshmallows. Mix all ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, desert topping, cherries, and peanuts with
the marshmallow mixture and chilled dressing.
Tastes like a real taffy apple!