Fruit Salad Dressing
This is delicious on a fresh fruit salad made of bananas, cantaloupe, honeydew,
watermelon, grapes, cherries and apples.
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 eggs
- 6 ounces cream cheese, whipped
- In a double boiler mix sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add lemon juice, orange
juice and pineapple juice. Cook over warm water for 20 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Beat eggs and slowly add to cooked mixture. (It is best to add a little
cooked mixture to the eggs and blend well, then return to double boiler.) Cook,
stirring, 5 minutes more.
- Cool and blend with cream cheese.
Makes about 2 cups.
Stores well in refrigerator for several weeks.