Applesauce Cheese Salad
- 1 cup hot water
- 2/3 cup red hot cinnamon candies
- 1 small box lemon gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened applesauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup finely cut celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Pour hot water over candies and stir to dissolve.
- Add gelatin; dissolve.
- Add applesauce.
- Pour 1/2 mixture into an 8-inch glass layer cake pan.
- Set in refrigerator until firm.
- Blend cream cheese, nuts and celery together.
- Add mayonnaise. Spread over firm apple mixture.
- Pour remaining mixture over top.
- Chill until firm.
Variation: Use cherry or strawberry gelatin instead of lemon.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.