Apricot Ring with Fluffy Apricot Dressing
- 1/2 pound dried apricots
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes lemon jello
- 3 cups hot water
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained (reserve juice)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup apricot puree (set aside above)
- 1 heaping tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 cup whipping cream (whip 1/2 of this stiff)
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Apricots: In saucepan, soak the first 2 ingredients for several hours. Add the
sugar. Simmer together until very tender. Cool; mix in blender until fruit is a
pulp. Set aside 1/2 cup puree for the dressing. There should be about 2 cups apricot
- Ring: Prepare jello using water and the pineapple juice. Let cool. When it begins
to congeal, add apricot puree, pineapple and almonds. Pour into a 2-quart salad
mold. Let set in refrigerator.
- Dressing: Beat cream cheese and apricot puree. Add 1/2 cup plain whipping cream
and beat until smooth and fluffy. Add to the whipped cream which has been sweetened
with the confectioners' sugar and flavored with the vanilla extract. If you
like a thinner dressing, add more cream or 1 tablespoon sherry.
- Serve dressing with the ring mold.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.