This Bavarian Cream recipe is a simple-to-prepare gelatin dish made with evaporated
milk. Great for the holidays or any special occasion.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 (3 ounce) box lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup (12-ounce jar) raspberry jelly, divided
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon peel in large mixer bowl until smooth.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water in medium bowl; add cold water. Gradually
add gelatin mixture to cream cheese mixture; beat until smooth. Refrigerate
mixture to a consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- Pour evaporated milk into small mixer bowl; place beaters into evaporated
- Freeze for about 15 to 20 minutes or until ice crystals form around edges
- Beat on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Add lemon juice; continue beating an additional 2 minutes or until mixture
- Immediately fold into gelatin mixture.
- Spoon into 6-cup mold.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- To serve: Dip knife in warm water and run knife around rim; gently shake
to loosen. Invert onto serving dish.
- Stir jelly until smooth. Pour 1/4 cup over top of mold.
- Serve with remaining jelly.
10 min prep | 130 min total | 8 to 10 servings
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe Servings Per Recipe: 8 Amount
Per Serving Calories: 250 Calories from Fat: 100 Total Fat: 11g (17% of DV) Saturated
Fat: 7g (36% of DV) Cholesterol: 35mg (12% of DV) Sodium: 110mg (5% of DV) Carbohydrates:
36g (12% of DV) Dietary Fiber: 0g (0% of DV) Sugars: 34g Protein: 3g
Vitamin A: 8% of DV Vitamin C: 2% of DV Calcium: 8% of DV Iron: 2% of DV
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestlé and meals.com