Beet Surprise Salad
- 1 small box lemon gelatin
- 2 cups diced or julienne canned beets
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 whole cloves
- 12 whole allspice
- 1 (3-inch) piece cinnamon
- 1/3 cup wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup dry white wine or water
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Put gelatin in large bowl.
- Drain liquid from beets into measuring cup; add enough
water to make 1 cup.
- Pour into saucepan; add brown sugar, horseradish, salt and
spices. Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer 1 minute.
- Strain into gelatin and stir until gelatin dissolves.
- Add vinegar, wine and drained beets.
- Pour into 1 1/2-quart ring mold or 6 individual molds.
- Chill until firm, then remove from mold.
- Serve on shredded greens.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Gelatin Salad Recipes