Broken Glass Salad
- 1 (3 ounce) box lime gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) box orange gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) box cherry gelatin
- 34 single Graham crackers
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 large box whipped topping mix
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make each box of lime, orange and cherry gelatin according to package directions
using 1 1/2 cups boiling water. Pour each flavor into a greased 8-inch square pan
and chill in refrigerator until set.
- Cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Crush Graham crackers and mix with margarine and 1/4 cup sugar. Save 1/2 cup
of the Graham cracker mixture and set aside. Press remaining Graham cracker crumbs
into bottom of a cold-cut keeper or 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Drain juice from crushed pineapple and add water to juice to make 1 cup.
- Dissolve gelatine in 1 tablespoon cold water and then mix gelatine with pineapple juice in
a saucepan. Heat at medium temperature until pineapple juice mixture is hot, then
set aside to cool.
- Whip two 1.3-ounce envelopes of whipped topping with cold milk according to package
- Fold in remaining 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla extract.
- Fold in cooled pineapple juice mixture, drained pineapple and gelatin cubes.
- Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle reserved 1/2 cup crumbs on top.
- Chill in refrigerator until set, at least 2 hours.
- Slice to serve.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.