- 2 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 1 (6 ounce) box cherry flavored gelatin
- 1 (16 ounce) can pitted dark sweet cherries
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 ounces cream cheese, soft
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can applesauce
- Mayonnaise or salad dressing
- In a saucepan bring apple cider or juice to boiling. Dissolve gelatin in boiling
- Drain cherries, reserving syrup. Halve cherries and set aside.
- Add enough water to reserved syrup to measure 1 1/2 cups liquid. Stir in gelatin.
Set aside two cups of gelatin mixture. Keep at room temperature.
- Chill remaining gelatin until partially set.
- Fold cherries, celery and walnuts into partially set gelatin. Pour into 6 1/2-cup
ring mold. Chill until almost firm.
- Gradually add reserved gelatin to softened cream cheese, beating until smooth.
Stir in applesauce. Spoon cream cheese mixture over cherry layer in mold.
- Chill until firm.
- Unmold on lettuce-lined plate.
- Serve with mayonnaise or salad dressing.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.