Coconut Congealed Salad
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
- 1 (7 ounce) can coconut
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 large box lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (6 ounce) bottle maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1 (5 2/3 ounce) can evaporated milk (chilled to whip)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Melt margarine; add coconut and brown lightly. Add vanilla wafer crumbs and mix
- Line 13 x 9-inch casserole dish with 1/2 mixture, reserving other 1/2 for topping,
and put dish in refrigerator to cool.
- Mix gelatin in boiling water to dissolve. Add softened cream cheese and blend
with fork. Add marshmallows, then undrained pineapple, pecans and cherries. Chill
until thick, then fold in whipped milk. Pour into dish lined with crumbs. Cover
the gelatin with remaining coconut mixture. Chill until firm.
- Cut into squares to serve.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Gelatin Salad Recipes