Creamy Pear Salad
- 1 (16 ounce) can pears, liquid drained and reserved
- 1 small box lime gelatin
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix
- Lettuce leaves
- In a saucepan, bring pear liquid to a boil.
- Stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and cool at room temperature until syrupy.
- Meanwhile, puree pears in a blender.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and
lemon juice until fluffy and smooth.
- Add pureed pears and mix well.
- Prepare whipped topping according to package directions; fold into pear mixture.
- Fold in cooled gelatin.
- Pour into an oiled 4 1/2 cup mold.
- Chill overnight.
- Just before serving, unmold salad onto a lettuce-lined platter.
Yields 6 to 8 servings.