- 2 (16 ounce) cans grapefruit
- 3 1/2 cups grapefruit liquid*
- 2 small boxes
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup chopped
- Maraschino cherries
* Add enough water to make 3 1/2 cups.
- Arrange drained grapefruit sections in bottom of 9-inch square pan. Save remaining
- Heat 1/2 syrup mixture and lemon gelatin. Stir until gelatin dissolves.
- Add remaining
syrup mixture and cool.
- Carefully pour half syrup mixture over grapefruit. Chill.
- Soften cream cheese, milk and nuts. Spread over gelatin to make filling for salad.
- Meanwhile chill remaining gelatin mixture until partially set.
- Arrange remaining
grapefruit and cherries on top cream cheese so that each serving will have decoration.
- Carefully pour remaining gelatin over top. Chill until set.
- Cut into squares and serve on leaf lettuce.