Milnot's Waldorf Salad
- 1 small box lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups chopped apples
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 2/3 cup chilled Milnot, whipped
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water; cool.
- Blend in the mayonnaise and chill until slightly thickened — about like
unbeaten egg whites.
- Meanwhile, chop apples (no need to peel) and toss in the lemon juice.
- Add the
celery and nuts.
- Whip Milnot until it holds stiff peaks.
- Whip in the gelatin mixture;
fold in the apple mixture and pour into desired mold or a 12 x 9-inch dish.
well; unmold (or cut in squares).
- Serve on salad greens.
This salad keeps well for several days covered and refrigerated.