Pineapple in a Can Salad
This recipe is a very old one. Children find it quite fascinating.
- 1 can sliced pineapple, juice reserved
- 1 small package lime gelatin
- Open pineapple; drain. Leave pineapple in can.
- Prepare gelatin according to package,
except use pineapple juice for water and only half amount of liquid called for.
- Pour gelatin over pineapple in can (can should be full); chill upright until set.
- To serve, run a little hot water over side of can and bottom to loosen. Cut bottom
from can; use it to push mold out.
- Cut between pineapple slices; serve.