Pineapple Upside-Down Lime Mold
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple slices in juice, undrained
- Cold water
- 7 maraschino
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8-serving size) JELL-O Lime
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add enough cold water to juice to measure 1
1/2 cups; set aside.
- Arrange 7 pineapple slices in bottom of 9-inch round cake pan
sprayed with cooking spray. Place maraschino cherry half, cut-side up, in center
of each pineapple slice. Chop remaining pineapple slices; set aside.
- Stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix in large bowl at least 2 minutes until
completely dissolved. Stir in measured pineapple juice and water. Remove 1 cup of
the gelatin; set aside at room temperature.
- Refrigerate remaining gelatin 1 1/2
hours or until thickened (spoon drawn through leaves definite impression).
in chopped pineapple. Spoon gelatin over pineapple slices in pan.
- Refrigerate for 30
minutes or until set but not firm (should stick to finger when touched and should
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with wire whisk until creamy. Gradually beat
in reserved 1 cup gelatin. Pour over gelatin layer in pan.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or
- Unmold. Store leftover gelatin in refrigerator.
12 servings, about 1/2 cup each
How to Unmold Gelatin: Dip mold in warm water for about 15 sec. Gently pull gelatin
from around edges with moist fingers. Place moistened serving plate on top of mold.
Invert mold and plate; holding mold and plate together, shake slightly to loosen.
Gently remove mold and center gelatin on plate.
Do not use fresh or frozen pineapple, kiwi, papaya or guava juice. Gelatin will
How to Soften Cream Cheese: Place completely unwrapped package of cream cheese
on microwaveable plate. Microwave on HIGH 10 to 15 seconds or until slightly softened.
Reprinted with permission from