Salad of Gold
Another one of the recipes that made it to every party while I was growing up.
It's great in the summer!
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 2/3 cup syrup from
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 6 ounces cream
cheese, softened, cubed
- 1 cup carrot pieces
- 2/3 cup crushed pineapple
- Put gelatin and hot water into blender carafe. Cover and process until dissolved.
- Add syrup, vinegar and milk. Blend well.
- Add cream cheese and blend on liquefy until
- Add carrot pieces and pineapple. Blend 2 seconds on liquefy.
- Pour into a
2-quart ring mold and chill until set.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine May 16, 2001.