Salad and Salad Dressing Recipes
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- 2 cups coarsely crushed pretzels
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container nondairy whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups water
- 2 small boxes strawberry gelatin
- 2 (12 ounce) packages frozen strawberries, partially thawed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine pretzels, sugar and melted butter in a medium-size bowl. Mix well.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake the pretzel crust for 15 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Remove the dish to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Beat together the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar in a large bowl.
- Fold in the whipped topping and miniature marshmallows.
- Spread the mixture with a spatula over the crust in an even layer.
- Bring water to boiling in a medium-size saucepan.
- Add gelatin and stir to dissolve.
- Add strawberries.
- Pour over second layer in dish.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- To serve, cut the salad into squares.