Strawberry Soufflé Salads
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry-flavored
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
or salad dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Lettuce leaves
- Canned pineapple
- Drain strawberries, reserving syrup. Add enough water to syrup to make 3/4 cup
- Dissolve gelatin and 1/4 teaspoon salt in boiling water.
- Stir in reserved
syrup and lemon juice.
- Beat in mayonnaise or salad dressing.
- Chill until partially
- With electric mixer whip gelatin mixture until fluffy.
- Fold in strawberries and
- Pour into 4 to 6 individual molds. Chill until firm.
- Unmold onto a lettuce-lined platter, setting each salad atop a pineapple slice.
- Serve with additional mayonnaise or salad dressing, if desired.
Makes 4 to 6 serving.