Yum Yum Salad
- 1 (6 ounce) box lemon gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped (unsweetened)*
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts,
reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish
- Maraschino cherries, for garnish
- Combine gelatin with cold water in small bowl; set aside to soak.
- In small saucepan bring pineapple and sugar to a boil; reduce heat and simmer,
uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add gelatin mixture, mixing well.
- When partially set, stir in the cheese and nuts. Carefully fold in the whipped
- Pour into serving dish and garnish with reserved nuts.
- Refrigerate until set.
Makes 16 servings.
* Do not substitute non-dairy whipped topping for the unsweetened whipped