BLT Potato Salad
- 8 all-purpose potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 8 strips bacon
- 1/2 cup each mayonnaise and sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet gherkins
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce, cut crosswisein 1/2-inch wide strips
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Peel potatoes and cut in 1-inch pieces. Put into a large saucepan with cold water
to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 12 minutes or until
firm tender. Drain and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile cook bacon in a skillet or microwave until crisp.
- Cool, then cut in
1/2 inch pieces. (Wrap and refrigerate at this point if making ahead.)
- Whisk Dressing ingredients in a large bowl until well blended.
- Add warm potatoes,
celery, red onion and sweet gherkins and mix gently. Let cool. (Cover and refrigerate
at this point if making ahead.)
- Line a serving dish with romaine lettuce.
- Top with potato salad. Sprinkle with bacon and tomato halves.
- Serve, sit back and enjoy!
Shared by sassy with recipegoldmine.com.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.