BLT Potato Salad
- 8 all-purpose potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 8 strips
- 1/2 cup each mayonnaise and sour cream
- 1/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup finely
chopped sweet gherkins
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce, cut crosswisein 1/2-inch
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Peel potatoes and cut in 1-inch pieces. Put into a large saucepan with cold water
to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 12 minutes or until
firm tender. Drain and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile cook bacon in a skillet or microwave until crisp.
- Cool, then cut in
1/2 inch pieces. (Wrap and refrigerate at this point if making ahead.)
- Whisk Dressing ingredients in a large bowl until well blended.
- Add warm potatoes,
celery, red onion and sweet gherkins and mix gently. Let cool. (Cover and refrigerate
at this point if making ahead.)
- Line a serving dish with romaine lettuce.
- Top with potato salad. Sprinkle with
bacon and tomato halves.
- Serve, sit back and enjoy!
Shared by sassy with recipegoldmine.com.