- 8 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon
- 1/4 head iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- Dash liquid hot pepper
- With a serrated steak knife, slice tops off tomatoes. Reserve tops. using a small
spoon, scoop out flesh and seeds from centers, reserving about 1/2 cup flesh. Rinse
out tomato shells. Let dry upside down on paper towel. Chop reserved tomato flesh.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to paper towel and drain.
- Thinly slice lettuce into fine shreds. Transfer lettuce to a medium size bowl.
- Stir in reserved chopped tomato flesh.
- Add the shredded Cheddar cheese, mayonnaise,
vinegar, Old Bay seasoning and hot pepper sauce. Stir until well blended.
- Crumble the cooked bacon into bite-size pieces.
- Stir the bacon into the lettuce
- Place tomatoes upright on platter.
- Spoon filling into tomatoes, mounding
- Replace tomato tops.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 8 servings
33 calories, 10 gr fat, 5 gr protein, 6 gr carbo
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.