Chicken Mandarin Salad
Need to use that leftover chicken? Try it on top of this easy, heart-smart salad.
The almonds in the dish add plenty of crunch, while the lime juice adds a tangy
- 1 can (15 ounces) Del Monte® Mandarin Oranges in Light
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken or turkey
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds,
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon or lime peel
- (optional) 2 tablespoons lemon
or lime juice
- (optional) lettuce
- Combine chicken, oranges and almonds in medium salad bowl.
- Thoroughly blend mayonnaise, yogurt, honey, lemon peel and juice.
- Toss gently with chicken mixture.
- Chill and serve on lettuce-lined plates, if desired.
Prep time: 15 min | Chill Time 30 min
Total Time: 45 min | Serves: 5
Recipe and photo credit:
Del Monte Foods.