Chicken Salad Chapala
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas, each cut into 6 wedges
- 16 ounces chicken breast, cooked and shredded or cubed
- 1 (15 ounce) can
pinto or red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans,
drained and rinsed
- 1 cup peeled, seeded and cubed mango
- 1 medium zucchini,
cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup
chopped scallions with tops
- Honey-Cumin Vinaigrette (recipe given)
- 6 cups
torn salad greens
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 or 2 tablespoons
olive oil or to taste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 or 3 teaspoons lime juice or
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray tortilla wedges with no-stick cooking spray.
- Bake on cookie sheet at 375
degrees for 5 to 8 minutes until browned and crisp; set aside.
- In a nonreactive bowl, combine chicken, beans, mangos, zucchini, bell peppers
and scallions; pour Honey-Cumin Vinaigrette over and toss.
- Arrange salad greens on plates and spoon chicken salad over; garnish with tortilla
- Honey-Cumin Vinaigrette: Mix all ingredients together well in a nonreactive container.
Makes 6 servings; about 2/3 cup Vinaigrette.