Chicken and Strawberry Spring Salad
This is a bright fresh salad, a chicken salad that comes alive with strawberries,
nuts and cheese.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 cups iceberg or Bibb lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup vinaigrette dressing or
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup crumbled asiago or bleu cheese
- Cook and season the chicken breasts. Cut into slices.
- Arrange the shredded lettuce on salad plates.
- Top with sliced chicken and then sliced strawberries.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries.
- Sprinkle with nuts and cheese, and serve immediately.
Recipe and photo credit:
The Prepared Pantry.