Chicken Cutlet Salad with
Strawberry Balsamic Dressing
- 6 thin-sliced chicken cutlets (about 1 pound)
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup halved strawberries
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon roughly chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 cups washed and dried Bibb lettuce
- 2 cups arugula
- 8 strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- In bowl of food processor or blender, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar,
halved strawberries, salt, pepper, brown sugar and mint to make dressing. Blend
- Pour half of dressing (about 1/3 cup) into zip top bag.
- Add chicken cutlets, seal, refrigerate and marinate for at least 30 minutes
- While chicken is marinating, toast pine nuts by placing in nonstick pan
over medium heat. Reserve.
- Heat oven to 200 degrees F.
- In shallow bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, salt and pepper.
- Place a nonstick sauté pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon vegetable
- Remove chicken from marinade, one piece at a time, place in corn meal mixture
and turn to coat both sides of cutlet. Place first three pieces of coated chicken
in sauté pan and cook for 3 – 4 minutes per side, until browned.
- Repeat with last three pieces of chicken.
- Remove chicken to plate and place in oven to keep warm.
- In large bowl, combine lettuce, arugula, pine nuts and remaining one-half
cup of dressing. Toss well.
- Add strawberries and goat cheese.
- Divide salad among four large plates. Top each with 2 pieces of warm chicken
Nutritional Information, Per Serving: 530 calories; 35 g fat; 6 g saturated
fat; 26 g carbohydrate; 3 g fiber; 5 g sugars; 29 g protein
Reprinted with permission from the National Chicken Council.