Crunchy Chinese Pork Salad
Intriguing flavors and textures make this main-dish salad an instant family favorite. Most of the ingredients are pantry staples. Make pork roast the night before and plan for this "planned over" supper, or purchase deli pork roast. Pair with fresh breadsticks hot from the oven.
- 3/4 pound roasted pork loin, cubed
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 6 cups Iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 up green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (3 ounce) can chow mein noodles
- In a large skillet, cook bacon just until crisp; drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl toss together bacon, pork, lettuce, water chestnuts and green onions.
- For dressing, in small bowl stir together soy sauce, honey, ketchup and dry mustard.
- Add dressing and chow mein noodles to salad; tossing lightly to coat.
Servings: 4 | Prep: 25 min | Cook: 5 min
Nutritional Information: Calories: 350 calories Protein: 28 grams Fat: 13 grams Sodium: 2150 milligrams Cholesterol: 55 milligrams Saturated Fat: 3 grams Carbohydrates: 32 grams
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
National Pork Board
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.