Dot's German Potato Salad
- 1 pound bacon, cut into small dice and fried crisp (save 4 to 6 tablespoons bacon
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 3 cups water
cup granulated sugar
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 5 pounds red potatoes, cooked,
peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Add flour to bacon grease, and cook until thickened.
- Add vinegar, water
and sugar and bring to a simmer.
- Add onions, and continue to simmer.
- Add potatoes
to the sauce to coat evenly.
- Cook over low heat for 40 - 50 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.
Posted by DaprDan at Recipe Goldmine 2005/7/5 10:49.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meat Salad Recipes