Farmers Market Chicken Salad
- No-stick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch wide strips
- 6 cups mixed salad greens, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups red or yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups small thin green beans, blanched snow or sugar snap peas, sliced bell peppers or cucumbers or any combination
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Honey-Dijon Dressing: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl; mix well.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Chicken: Combine wheat germ, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a shallow
dish; mix well.
- In another shallow dish, beat egg whites and water until frothy. Dip chicken
strips into egg mixture then in wheat germ mixture.
- Dip and coat chicken again, coating thoroughly; place on baking sheet. Lightly
spray with cooking spray.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Salad: Arrange greens, tomatoes and green beans on serving platter;
top with warm chicken.
- Drizzle Honey-Dijon Dressing over salad.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 450 Sodium:
980mg Calories from Fat: 100 Carbohydrates: 52g Fat: 11g Fiber: 9g Saturated Fat:
2g Protein: 42g Cholesterol: 65mg
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
National Honey Board
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.