Gazpacho Steak Salad
- 1 pound beef shoulder steak or 1 pound beef top round steak, cut 1- inch thick
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can spicy 100% vegetable juice or 1/2 cup A.1. Chicago Steakhouse Marinade
- 8 cups mixed greens or 1 (10 ounce) package romaine and leaf lettuce mixture
- 1 cup baby pear tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cucumber, cut in half lengthwise, then thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can spicy 100% vegetable juice
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup finely chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Salad: Place beef steak and 1 can of vegetable juice or 1/2 cup A.1. Chicago Steakhouse
Marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and
marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight.
- Gazpacho Dressing: Combine ingredients; refrigerate.
- Combine lettuce, baby pear tomatoes, cucumber and 1 cup green bell pepper;
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grill over
medium, ash-covered coals. Grill shoulder steaks, uncovered, 16 to 20 minutes
for medium rare to medium doneness (top round steak 16 to 18 minutes for medium
rare doneness; do not overcook), turning occasionally.
- Carve steak across the grain into thin slices.
- Season with salt and pepper, as desired
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut tortillas in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch wide strips in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for 4 to 8 minutes or until crisp.
- Add steak to salad mixture.
- Drizzle with dressing and top with tortilla strips.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meat Salad Recipes