Gazpacho Steak Salad
- 1 pound beef shoulder steak or 1 pound beef top round steak, cut 1- inch thick
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can spicy 100% vegetable juice or 1/2 cup A.1. Chicago Steakhouse Marinade
- 8 cups mixed greens or 1 (10 ounce) package romaine and leaf lettuce mixture
- 1 cup baby pear tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cucumber, cut in half lengthwise, then thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can spicy 100% vegetable juice
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup finely chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salad: Place beef steak and 1 can of vegetable juice or 1/2 cup A.1. Chicago Steakhouse
Marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and
marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight.
- Gazpacho Dressing: Combine ingredients; refrigerate.
- Combine lettuce, baby pear tomatoes, cucumber and 1 cup green bell pepper;
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grill over
medium, ash-covered coals. Grill shoulder steaks, uncovered, 16 to 20 minutes
for medium rare to medium doneness (top round steak 16 to 18 minutes for medium
rare doneness; do not overcook), turning occasionally.
- Carve steak across the grain into thin slices.
- Season with salt and pepper, as desired
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut tortillas in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch wide strips in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for 4 to 8 minutes or until crisp.
- Add steak to salad mixture.
- Drizzle with dressing and top with tortilla strips.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.