Layered Beef Salad On-the-Go
- 3 ounces cooked lean beef (such as Top Sirloin Steak, Strip Steak, Tenderloin Steak or Flank Steak), cut into slices
- 3 cups mixed salad greens or chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup assorted vegetables (such as shredded carrots, sliced cucumber, grape tomatoes, sliced radish, sugar snap peas)
- 1/4 cup cooked small pasta, rinsed drained chickpeas or Great Northern beans
- 1/4 cup Greek or plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon chipotle pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine dressing ingredients in bottom of medium container or small bowl
- Layer salad greens, vegetables, pasta or beans and beef on top of dressing.
Close lid securely or cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap; refrigerate until
ready to use.
- Before serving, shake covered container to coat salad well.
Total Recipe Time: 15 to 20 min | Makes 1 serving
Nutrition information per serving, using Top Sirloin Steak: 308 calories;
5 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 2 g monounsaturated fat); 49 mg cholesterol; 453 mg
sodium; 30 g carbohydrate; 6.1 g fiber; 37 g protein; 8.0 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin
B6; 1.5 mcg vitamin B12; 3.8 mg iron; 39.7 mcg selenium; 5.3 mg zinc; 107.8 mg choline
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin
B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meat Salad Recipes