Mandarin Chicken Salad
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/2 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced parsley
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package ready-to-serve salad or
4 cups torn lettuce
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup chow
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- In a skillet, combine chicken, water, vinegar, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon
oil, soy sauce and bouillon. Cook and stir over medium heat for 15-20 minutes
or until chicken is tender and liquid has evaporated.
- Meanwhile, for dressing, whisk mayonnaise, honey, lemon juice, parsley,
mustard, onion and remaining oil until blended.
- Arrange salad greens on a platter. Top with oranges, chicken mixture and
chow mein noodles. Sprinkle with green onion and almonds.
- Serve with dressing.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/22/01 6:57:06 am.