Mediterranean Ham and Cheese Salad
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini or white beans*, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) diced deli ham or ham steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) Wisconsin aged provolone cheese, cut in 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) Wisconsin parmesan or asiago cheese, shredded or cut into thin shavings
- 1/2 cup garlic-herb vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, shredded (optional)
* For example, Great Northern beans
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl; mix well.
Serving Suggestion: Serve salad in individual hollowed-out bread bowls or over
red or green leaf lettuce.
Recipe and photo credit: Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin