Picked Off Chicken and Apple
Salad with Georgia Pecans
Grilled chicken salad with red and green apples and pecans, tossed with a sour
cream, honey and poppy seed dressing!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil as needed
- Salt, pepper and granulated garlic
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 green apples
- 2 red apples
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped Georgia pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Chicken: Heat your barbecue grill to medium. Rub both sides of the chicken
breasts lightly with olive oil and sprinkle salt, pepper and granulated garlic
on both sides. Place the chicken on the grill and cook on both sides until thoroughly
cooked, but not dried out. Note: if the weather prohibits using the barbecue
grill, cook the chicken in your oven.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the grill (or oven) and let cool.
- Cut the cooled breasts into thin slices and then cut the slices into 2-inch
pieces. Place in a zipper-lock bag or plastic container and keep refrigerated
- Dressing: In a small mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for the dressing.
Cover and hold in the refrigerator for later use.
- Salad: Rinse and core the apples. Dice into 1-inch pieces and place them
in a mixing bowl. Add the lemon juice to coat the apples. The lemon adds flavor
and also helps keep the apple from turning brown.
- Add the celery, red onion, pecans, sliced chicken and raisins. Add the dressing
and combine. Top with some whole Georgia Pecans for garnish.
Serves 4 - 6.
You can do steps 1 and 2 in advance of salad preparation.
Recipe by The Clever Cleaver Brothers.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Georgia Pecan Commission
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meat Salad Recipes