Pineapple Chicken Salad
- 2 pounds chicken pieces
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 2 stalks celery, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons light cream
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Put chicken in a large saucepan. Add chicken broth. Bring to a boil and
simmer over low heat for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and allow to cool. Discard the skin and bones. Chop
the chicken meat into small pieces, and place in a large bowl. Add the pineapple
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cream, celery salt and pepper.
Add the mayonnaise mixture to the chicken and toss to combine.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle almonds over top just before serving.