Steak Tortilla Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin, tri-tip, flank or other favorite beef steak
- 2 cups salsa
verde (green salsa made with tomatillos) or other favorite store-bought salsa, divided
- 1 bag mixed salad greens
- Tortilla chips, crumbled
- Optional: Thinly
sliced red onion, shredded Monterey or Pepper jack cheese
- Place steak in a resealable plastic bag with 1 cup salsa verde; toss to
coat meat evenly, close bag and let marinate about 30 minutes to 1 hour or until
meat reaches room temperature.
- Remove beef from bag and discard marinade.
- Grill beef over medium-high until medium rare or desired doneness is reached.
- Remove from heat and let rest, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Slice meat thinly against the grain.
- Divide salad greens and beef slices among four plates, and sprinkle with
crumbled tortilla chips.
- Serve with remaining salsa, and cheese and onion, if using.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meat Salad Recipes