Western Beef and Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces wagon wheels, rotini or other medium pasta shape
- 2 tablespoons vegetable
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup fresh
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 ounces cooked, lean roast
beef, julienne (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 cup snow peas, chopped in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- Salt and freshly
ground pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Rinse in cold water and drain thoroughly.
- In a large bowl, mix vegetable oil, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, oregano,
thyme, parsley, mushrooms and beef.
- Add snow peas, peppers and pasta; mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for one hour and serve.
Nutrition: Each serving provides approximately: 267 calories, 16 g protein,
33 g carbohydrates, 9 g fat (1 g saturated), 3 g fiber, 27 mg cholesterol, 21 mcg
folate, 3 mg iron, 147 mg sodium
Recipe and photo credit: Wheat Foods Council.