Beanage a Trois Salad
We've never seen a disco without chrome, and we've never seen a salad
bar without bean salad. Some things are sacred.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans green beans, drained
- 2 16 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) cans sliced ripe olives,
- 1/2 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 2 cups light olive oil
- 1/2 cups apple
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Mix beans, olives, and parsley in large bowl.
- Shake remaining ingredients in
tightly covered container; pour over beans.
- Cover and refrigerate, stirring occasionally,
at least 3 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat.
- Serve with slotted spoon.
Posted by philocrates at Recipe Goldmine May 14, 2001.