Bistro Chicken Pasta Salad
You may want to double the recipe because it goes so fast.
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar 75 mL
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard 15 mL
- 2 teaspoons
canola oil 10 mL
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups whole wheat penne pasta, cooked
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, grilled orcooked, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup grated or shaved Parmesan cheese 60 mL
- 12 cherry tomatoes, sliced in
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced in rings
- 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano 1 mL
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1 mL
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped basil 125
- In small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, canola oil and
garlic. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine pasta, chicken, Parmesan, tomatoes, onion, oregano and
pepper, tossing gently.
- Stir in balsamic mixture and basil, tossing gently again.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to two days.
Yield: 6 servings - Serving Size: 2/3 cup (150 mL)
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving Calories 270 Total Fat 6 g Saturated Fat
1 g Cholesterol 40 mg Carbohydrates 34 g Fiber 4 g Sugars 5 g Protein 21 g Sodium
90 mg Potassium 377 mg
Reprinted with permission from