Bruschetta Pasta Salad
- 4 cups pasta (rigatoni, penne, farfalle, etc.)
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup
feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts,
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (for pasta water)
- 2 tablespoons salt (for pasta water)
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs (oregano,
basil or a mix of both)
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- Place a pot of water on high and add garlic powder, dried Italian herbs and salt.
When the water comes to a boil add the pasta and boil till the pasta is "al
dente" (approximately 8-10 minutes). Drain all of the water from the pasta
(don't rinse) and place in a bowl to cool.
- Chop fresh basil and tomatoes then add to pasta bowl. Toss in all remaining ingredients.
- Serve warm, cold or at room temperature.
If your sundried tomatoes come packed in olive oil then you can use the
oil from the tomato jar instead of fresh olive oil.