Bruschetta Pasta Salad
- 4 cups pasta (rigatoni, penne, farfalle, etc.)
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (for pasta water)
- 2 tablespoons salt (for pasta water)
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs (oregano, basil or a mix of both)
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
If your sundried tomatoes come packed in olive oil then you can use the
oil from the tomato jar instead of fresh olive oil.
- Place a pot of water on high and add garlic powder,
dried Italian herbs and salt. When the water comes to a boil add the pasta and boil until the
pasta is "al dente" (approximately 8-10 minutes). Drain all of the water from the pasta
(don't rinse) and place in a bowl to cool.
- Chop fresh basil and tomatoes then add to pasta bowl.
Toss in all remaining ingredients.
- Serve warm, cold or at room temperature.