Layered Picnic Pasta Salad
This is a great buffet salad to serve with picnic or party foods. Pair Layered
Picnic Pasta Salad with Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay or Semillon Chardonnay.
- 12 ounces bow ties or other medium pasta shape
- 1/2 cup vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms,
- 2 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Return to cooking pan and toss with 2 tablespoons vinaigrette dressing.
- Transfer half of pasta to a clear glass bowl.
- Layer peas, tomatoes, mushrooms, and prosciutto on pasta.
- Top with remaining pasta.
- Sprinkle with basil and pour remaining dressing evenly over salad.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve at once or cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Toss right before serving to evenly coat dressing.
Servings: 6 | Prep Time: 10 Min. | Cook Time: 10 Min.
Nutritional information: Calories: 466; Calories From Fat: 26; Total Fat:
14g; Cholesterol: 7mg; Total Carbs: 72g; Protein: 16g; Sodium: 380mg
Reprinted with permission from
the National Pasta Association.