Portable Pasta Salad
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 (12
ounce) can Mexican-style whole kernel corn, drained*
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa, divided
- 12 hard-cooked eggs*, sliced, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- In small bowl, stir together sour cream, chiles and cumin until well blended.
- Place 3 of the noodles across bottom of 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Over noodles,
evenly layer 1/2 cup of the corn and 1 1/3 cups of the lettuce.
- Dollop with 3/4
cup of the salsa.
- Evenly layer with slices from 5 of the eggs and sprinkle with
1/3 cup of the cheese.
- Repeat layers substituting sour cream mixture for salsa.
- Repeat layers again with remaining ingredients using 3/4 cup of the salsa and
remaining 2 eggs.
- Dollop with 1/4 cup salsa.
- Cover and chill to blend flavors.
- To serve, cut into squares. Serve a portion of all layers.
Makes 12 servings.
* Substitute 1 1/2 cups cooked and drained fresh corn kernels (about 3 medium
ears) and 2 tablespoons each finely chopped sweet red and green pepper, if desired.
Recipe and photo credit: American Egg Board.