Chicken BLT Taco Salad
Pretty layers of cheese, meats, and chopped fresh vegetables, tied together with
an easy salsa dressing, make this all-in-one salad a standout.
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso® Thick ‘n Chunky Salsa
- 1/2 cup French dressing
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 6 cups torn romaine or iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into thin wedges
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey-Jack cheese blend
- 1/4 cup sour cream, if desired
- 1 cup small triangular tortilla chips
- In medium bowl, mix dressing ingredients until well blended.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain on
paper towel; reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Add chicken to skillet;
cook and stir over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until browned and no longer
pink in center. Cool slightly. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chilled.
- In deep 3-quart salad bowl, layer lettuce, chicken, bacon, bell pepper and tomatoes.
Top with dressing.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Just before serving, top with cheese, avocado, sour cream and tortilla chips.
Prep time 30 Min | Total time 1 Hr | Servings: 8
To save time, buy already cooked bacon and deli chicken.
Brush the avocado slices with lemon juice to keep then from turning a dark color.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 350 (Calories from
Fat 200), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium
670mg; Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 7g), Protein 24g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 70.00%; Vitamin C 80.00%; Calcium 20.00%;
Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Vegetable; 3 Very Lean Meat; 4 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from
the Betty Crocker.