Chicken Nugget Taco Salads
Trying to get the kids to eat more salad greens? Try this new twist on a taco
salad using chicken nuggets; it will surely be a hit with the whole family.
- 1 (12 ounce) box frozen breaded chicken nuggets
- 1 (10 oune) can Old El Paso™ enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (9 ounce) bag romaine lettuce with carrots
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (11 ounce) can Green Giant™ southwestern style
- whole kernel corn with onions, black beans and red bell peppers
- 2 large plum (Roma) tomatoes, coarsely chopped (1 1/3 cups)
- Bake chicken nuggets as directed on package. Pour 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce
into large custard cup. Dip nuggets, one at a time, into enchilada sauce; shake
off excess. Place coated nuggets back on pan.
- Bake for 2 to 3 minutes longer or until hot.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix remaining enchilada sauce and sour cream with whisk;
- Divide lettuce among 5 dinner plates. Top with cheese, corn and tomatoes. Top
with chicken nuggets. Drizzle with dressing.
Prep Time 15 min | Total Time 30 min | Servings 5
Nutrition Information–Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 450 Calories from
Fat 250 Total Fat 28g Saturated Fat 10g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 70mg Sodium 1080mg
Total Carbohydrate 30g Dietary Fiber 2g Sugars 3g Protein 20g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 110% Vitamin C 10% Calcium 20% Iron 10%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1
Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1 Vegetable; 0 Very
Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: Betty Crocker.