Chipotle Chicken Taco Salads
Try this twist on a taco salad using chipotles en adobo. It is a fabulous salad
which will definitely get added to your family dinner rotation.
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (from 7-ounce can)
- 1 bag (9 ounces) leafy green romaine lettuce
- 2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup cherry tomato halves
- 1 medium ripe avocado, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup canned Green Giant™ whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 1/2 cup bite-size pieces thinly sliced red onion
- 6 Old El Paso™ taco shells (from 4.6-ounce box), broken into large pieces or crushed
- Mix Dressing ingredients in small bowl; refrigerate while preparing salad.
- Divide lettuce among 6 dinner plates. Top each with chicken, tomatoes, avocado
- Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with red onion.
- Serve with or sprinkle with broken or crushed taco shells.
Prep Time 20 min | Total Time 20 min | Servings 6
Expert Tip: Chop the remaining chiles in adobo sauce, and freeze in resealable
freezer plastic bag. That way, when you need a little for a recipe, it is easy to
slice off just what you need!
Nutrition Information–Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 310 Calories from
Fat 180 Total Fat 20g Saturated Fat 4g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 45mg Sodium 690mg
Total Carbohydrate 18gDietary Fiber 4g Sugars 3g Protein 15g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 80% Vitamin C 15% Calcium 4% Iron 8%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0
Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1 Vegetable; 1 Very
Lean Meat; 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.