Ground Beef Fajita Taco Salad
Here's a great-tasting taco salad with tons of flavor. It's worth the extra-effort
to make your own dressing.
Creamy Guacamole Dressing
- 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted,
peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground
red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium bell peppers,
cut into bite-size strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 pound lean
(at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 package (1 ounce) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (3/4
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
(about 4 ounces)
- In blender, place all dressing ingredients. Cover; blend on medium speed 30 seconds
or until smooth. Pour into small bowl. Cover; refrigerate until serving time.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook bell peppers and
onion in oil 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Remove vegetables from skillet; set aside.
- In same skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally,
until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Add taco seasoning mix and water; heat as directed on package.
- Place 1 cup lettuce on each of 6 plates.
- Top with beef mixture, vegetables, tomato, cheese and chips.
- Serve with dressing.
Prep Time 30 min | Total Time 30 min | Servings 6
If the dressing is too thick, thin it with a little additional milk.
A ripe avocado will be relatively firm, but will give to gentle pressure when
Nutrition Information–Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 470 Calories from
Fat 280 Total Fat 31g Saturated Fat 10g Trans Fat 1g Cholesterol 75mg Sodium 890mg
Total Carbohydrate 25gDietary Fiber 5g Sugars 5g Protein 21g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 100% Vitamin C 45% Calcium 15% Iron 15%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0
Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1/2 Vegetable; 0
Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 3 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: