Inside-Out Taco Salad Wraps
Wrap up traditional taco fillings in a lettuce leaf for a handheld taco salad.
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 2/3 cup diced peeled jicama
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime
- 1 ripe large avocado, pitted, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 container
(18 ounces) refrigerated taco sauce with seasoned ground beef
- 1 3/4 cups coarsely
crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (4 medium)
- 1 can (2.25
ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 large leaves Bibb lettuce,
rinsed, patted dry with paper towels
- In small bowl, mix all dipping sauce ingredients; set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix jicama with 1 teaspoon of the lime juice.
- In third small bowl, mix avocado with remaining teaspoon lime juice.
- Heat taco sauce with ground beef in microwave as directed on container.
- On large serving platter, layer crushed chips, warm taco sauce with ground beef,
jicama, avocado, onions, olives and cheese. Sprinkle cilantro over top.
- On large plate, arrange lettuce leaves.
- To serve, spoon about 1/3 cup layered fillings onto each lettuce leaf; wrap lettuce
- Serve with dipping sauce.
Prep Time 30 min | Total Time 30 min | Servings 6
No peach preserves? Apricot preserves makes a yummy stand-in.
Nutrition Information–Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 440 Calories from
Fat 190 Total Fat 21g Saturated Fat 6g Trans Fat 1/2g Cholesterol 30mg Sodium 1230mg
Total Carbohydrate 50g Dietary Fiber 5g Sugars 18g Protein 14g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 30% Vitamin C 8% Calcium 10% Iron 20%
Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1
Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very
Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from