Jamie's Taco Salad
Layers of sour cream, seasoned beef, cheesy rice and fresh toppings make for
one delicious taco salad.
- 1 box Hamburger Helper™ crunchy taco
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 pounds lean (at
least 80%) ground beef
- 1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 ounces (half
of 8-ounce package) cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 2 medium plum (Roma) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat 1 1/4 cups of the water, and the uncooked rice and
topping (from Hamburger Helper box) to boiling over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 25 minutes or until rice is cooked and liquid
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat, stirring
frequently, until brown; drain.
- Add remaining 1 1/4 cups water and sauce mix (from Hamburger Helper box). Cook
about 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is thickened.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix sour cream and cream cheese until smooth. Spread
sour cream mixture in even layer on large platter. Top with beef mixture, followed
by rice mixture. Top with lettuce, tomato, Cheddar cheese and corn chips (from Hamburger
- Serve immediately.
Prep Time 15 min | Total Time 35 min | Servings 6
Nutrition Information–Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 610 Calories from
Fat 360 Total Fat 40g Saturated Fat 18g Trans Fat 1 1/2g Cholesterol 150mg Sodium
880mg Total Carbohydrate 28g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 4g Protein 36g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 70% Vitamin C 4% Calcium 25% Iron 25%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2
Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1 Vegetable; 0 Very
Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 High-Fat Meat; 4 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from