Seven-Layer Taco Salad
Pre-seasoned frozen chicken strips and a quick mayo dressing make this dish ultra-easy.
- 1 bag (12 ounces) torn salad greens
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 8 medium green onions with green tops, sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1 1/4 cups light
- 1 package (1 ounce) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 2 packages
(9 ounces each) frozen cooked fajita-seasoned chicken strips, thawed, coarsely
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 6 ounces tortilla
chips (about 36), broken, if desired
- In 13 x 9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, layer salad greens, tomatoes and
- In 1-quart bowl, mix mayonnaise and taco seasoning mix; spread over onions. Top
with chicken and cheese. Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until serving time.
- Top individual servings with tortilla chips.
Prep Time 20 min | Total Time 1 hr 20 min | Servings 6
For a variation, sprinkle diced avocado over the salad before you spread it with
Nutrition Information–Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 560 Calories from
Fat 350 Total Fat 39g Saturated Fat 12g Trans Fat 1/2g Cholesterol 85mg Sodium 1550mg
Total Carbohydrate 33g Dietary Fiber 3g Sugars 6g Protein 23g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 60% Vitamin C 45% Calcium 25% Iron 20%
Exchanges: 2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0
Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very
Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 6 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: